Friday, August 9, 2013

Isaiah 44:22



The beginnings of sunset over Hollywood Beach, Florida, July 2013

I have swept away your transgressions like a cloud,
and your sins like mist;
return to me, for I have redeemed you.
Isaiah 44:22

She sits, her age weary upon her face,
a lifetime of doubt for a choice made 
in the days of her youth,
seeking forgiveness, absolution, assurance. 
And I cannot even begin to comprehend the suffering
that carrying such a burden brings 
or why this is the moment for her to seek
the freedom that is already hers,
Jesus having declared freedom for the captives,
and life abundant. 
Hear again, my friends, the words of Isaiah echoing through the years, through the lives that need mending that you, too, may know them well:
"I have swept away your transgressions like a cloud,
and your sins like mist;
return to me, for I have redeemed you."

No comments:

Post a Comment