Friday, August 16, 2013

Deuteronomy 32:1-3



Along the boardwalk at Corkscrew Swamp Preserve, Naples, FL AUG 2013

Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak;
let the earth hear the words of my mouth.
May my teaching drop like the rain,
my speech condense like the dew;
like gentle rain on grass,
like showers on new growth.
For I will proclaim the name of the LORD;
ascribe greatness to our God!
Deuteronomy 32:1-3

After the rains come, the forests and swamps and scrub prairies,
the limestone karst, and all else where I roam in South Florida become places of wonder and beauty that defy words. 
I set my camera down for a moment because either I do not have the skill or it is beyond possible for me to capture the moment and do it justice. 
"God is here," dripping leaves proclaim;
And pond apples that shed the water in small drops upon marsh still no more;
bird song returns,
and the deep rumble of pig frogs in chorus. 
And the smell of the swamp is unexpectedly fresh. 
I breathe it in.
God is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment