Sunday, September 1, 2013

Psalm 119:147-148



Anhinga, Shark Valley Visitor's Area, Everglades National Park, August 2013 

I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I put my hope in your words.
My eyes are awake before each watch of the night,
that I may meditate on your promise.
Psalm 119: 147-148

Whoever thinks Christians know peace so deeply 
that every moment breathes it,
that they sleep soundly, awake in joy,
live life as it is meant to be lived
free of all annoyance, fear or dread, 
might be surprised to find
that this is hardly ever true.
We know Christ and live with the tension
of unbelief and faith, 
modeling our own brokenness
before the world by the bold living of it.
What gets us through the day
is knowing, clinging,
even blindly,
that our cries will not go unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment