Friday, September 6, 2013

Luke 10:23-24



Passionflower, Trinity Butterfly Garden, September 2013

Then turning to the disciples, Jesus said to them privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it."
Luke 10:23-24

I stand up at the altar and wonder if people see what I see: the woman who stays after communion at the rail praying in earnest, with quiet tears. The couple who are holding hands, hardships being faced with strength and dignity. The child who looks up at me, bread in hand and says "AMEN!" with gusto. By communion I have seen Jesus a lot and before the service ends it is not unusual for me to choke up and my voice becomes raspy. I see Jesus everywhere and it leaves me with such a sense of awe and wonder that I, too, and often moved to tears. It wasn't always that way and I am grateful for the Lord giving me new and better eyes to see. Where have you seen Jesus today?

No comments:

Post a Comment