Monday, April 7, 2014

Psalm 139:9-12


If I take the wings of the morning
and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light around me become night,"
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is as bright as the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
Psalm 139: 9-12

Litchfield Beach, December 2012

The worst of our days, the most anxious, the most stressful, those that threaten to pull us in and down and deep shall not define us. They are robbed of speaking the final word. Before the Lord who has claimed us, who accompanies us, who enwraps us with his mercy and love, darkness must flee, for in Christ the light is dawning and will ever dawn until our tomorrows lead us into the eternity of our rest in him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment