Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"The Lady in the Garden," The Butterfly Garden at the parsonage, May 7, 2013

Give ear to my words, O LORD;give heed to my sighing.
Listen to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,for to you I pray.
O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.

God not only desires our praises and our requests,
but also to hear our sighs and cries,
our pain, our sorrow,  
even those that arise from the most hurting places in our soul. 
God desires to patiently listen to us, 
even when such cries wonder about God's place and presence,
God's activity, at such moments;  
And the doubts and the anger that often accompany them. 

Has there ever been a time when you shared your pain with God
or did something hold you back from being honest with God?
What does it mean for you to have a God willing to receive your pain and hurt and bear them with you?
What do you need to share with God today?

Healing God,
you know our pain and do not leave us
to suffer in solitude, but come to us,
to offer your healing presence and strength.
Even as we bring our cries to you,
we trust that nothing in our lives is beyond
your touch and the power of your grace.
Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment