Monday, May 6, 2013



Secret Woods Nature Center, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, May 6, 2013

I will protect those who know my name.
When they call to me, I will answer them;
I will be with them in trouble,
I will rescue them and honor them.
Psalm 91:14b-15

In our most troubling times, the Lord is especially present for us; the one who suffered for us enters into our suffering, offering us hope.

Especially in times of trouble, the Lord invites us to offer our burdens to him: our fear, our worry, our anxiety, our hurt, our pain, our shame. In whom or what do you seek rescue?

To call upon the Lord in our need may be difficult if we are not prepared to do so. How might you better prepare yourself?

Has there ever been a time when you experienced the Lord rescue you from trouble?

Most gracious and merciful God,
you hear the cries of your people 
and rescue them in their time of need.
Be with us in our troubles 
and let the assurance of your strength and compassion
still our fearful and anxious hearts,
in Jesus' Name we pray, amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment