Monday, March 31, 2014

Psalm 63:5-7


My soul is satisfied as with a rich feast,
and my mouth praises you with joyful lips
when I think of you on my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
Psalm 63:5-7

Black-Crested Night Heron, Shark Valley Natural Area, Everglades National Park, March 2014

Of all the things that can occupy our thoughts, so often our minds may find themselves drifting towards those things that bring us worry and fear, stress becoming our daily drink. The psalmist reminds us of the transformative gift of training our minds to seek God and to rest in God and trade everyday stress for the very peace that passes all understanding. To swap out our burdens for the peace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment