Thursday, June 13, 2013


Gulf Fritillary Butterfly on Purple Porterweed, The Parsonage Butterfly Garden, June 13, 2013

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

Jesus had to remind people that a sabbath's rest is a gift from God. Amazingly, people had made keeping the sabbath a burden that few could bear, rather than receiving God's gift with joy. Religious folks of different sorts like to argue if Saturday is the sabbath or Sunday, or whenever. How much better we would all be to cease such nonsense and enjoy the gift woven into the garment of creation that calls us to regularly cease from our labors and embrace that which gives us the most joy to the glory of God. These photos that I share, they come from my own sabbath walks that restore my soul. What restores yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment